Starboard AC Series Storage System - Unified Hybrid Storage
Starboard Storage tackles the toughest storage problem facing IT administrators today — the increasing cost and complexity of managing multiple storage systems due to unpredictable capacity growth and performance demands of their data. Your unstructured, virtualized and structured data all have different requirements, and your file and virtualized data are growing relentlessly, making the challenges worse every day. You need a better way to manage your data. Starboard's Unified Hybrid Storage systems use advanced SSD caching algorithms to bring you the performance of solid state with the capacity of affordable Hard Disk Drives (HDD).
Note: AC45 & AC72 available now with Starboard OS Version 3.1.
Note: AC2000, AC4000 and AC4500 available Q2 2013. Starboard OS Version 3.2 available Q2 2013.
What is Unified Hybrid Storage?
Unified Hybrid Storage brings together high performance solid state with the low $/GB of HDD on a storage system that provides storage consolidation for NAS and SAN workloads. The Starboard AC Series is designed on Starboard’s innovative Multiprotocol Accelerated Storage (MAST™) architecture. Starboard’s unique Dynamic Storage Pool™ and SSD Accelerator Tier™ enable Starboard to deliver industry leading storage consolidation with the following benefits:
- Simplify storage management with a single pool of storage consisting of varied disk types and speeds.
- Up to 8X improvement in SSD read cache efficiency over traditional storage (Using inline cache compression).
- Up to 4 writeback caches in a single system enables application performance control.
- Advanced SSD caching algorithms enable performance to automatically adapt to real time application usage.
- Capacity is available to all applications on demand and is easily scalable to over half a Petabyte in a single system.
- Consolidation of SAN and NAS workloads onto a single scalable platform reduces storage costs.
- No stranded storage and the elimination of RAID group complexity.
To learn more about the Starboard Storage AC-Series* view the AC2000, AC4000 and AC4500 Technical Specification Starboard AC-Series Tech Specs
AC45 and AC72 users view the AC45 Technical Specification and the AC72 Technical Specification.
To learn more about the MAST architecture view the Starboard Dynamic Storage Pool. and Starboard SSD Accelerator Tier feature briefs.
Starboard Storage two page brochure AC_Series_Brochure
Starboard OS Key Features Starboard OS Feature Primer